JESSICA THERRIEN

From Imagination To Publication

Friday, February 17, 2012

Live.Laugh.Love...The Campaign

Thank you Rachael Harrie for being such a big-brain super genius. I LOVE the campaign! I'm so excited it's here. Only 3 more days until our first challenge!

I'm really trying to be as involved as I can, but my first book comes out in 11 days! I'm just a tad busy...(in case you didn't catch the sarcasm there, I'm really really reallllllly busy). Last week I was tagged in a couple campaign games, so I'm trying to play catch up. I'm probably playing the games all wrong, but here are the three campaign friends who tagged me/gave me a blog award...

Jessica Salyer
Melissa Maygrove
Vicki Orians

First, thanks Jessica for my blog award :) Here is a link to my random things. I'm cheating *teehee*

Second, here are my answers to the questions I was tagged with by Vicki and Melissa.


First set of questions:

1. If you were given a yacht, what would you name it?
I don't know, lol...maybe Judy. I'm not good at naming.

2. If you could be invisible for a day, what would you do?
I would LOVE that. The funny thing is...I'd write. Nobody could bug me, because they wouldn't be able to find me! Muahahaha.

3. Where's your favorite place to write?
In the car while my husband is driving. I can't help it. The words start flowing...it's weird.

4. Give us a sample of a conversation you might have with one of your characters:
Elyse: "Why would you put me through all of that?"
Me: "I don't know. I'm sorry. Okay?"
*we both cry, lol*

5. What punctuation mark best describes your personality? Why?
Comma. I don't know why...I just use it a lot.

6. Just like "Everybody Wang Chung tonight!", what action would your name be if it were a verb?
Laugh. 

7. What's one thing you'd like others to know about you?
I love with all my heart. Unconditionally.

8. What's one misconception people tend to have about you?
I'm shy at first, so people sometimes think I'm rude. I'm not. I'm just quiet until you get to know me.

9. Who cares if the glass is half empty or half full. What's in the glass?
Lemonade.

10. Name one of your strengths when it comes to writing?
It's hard to say...you tell me after you read Oppression.

And last, but not least...
11. What's the most unusual or outrageous thing you've ever done to understand and perfect a character's POV?
Fallen in love ;)

Second set of questions:

1. What two characters would you like to see battle each other?
Saba from Blood Red Road and Tris from Divergent...but I'd be rooting for both...not sure how that would work.

2. Who is your greatest inspiration?
My husband.

3. If you could change places with any book character, who would it be and why?
Hermione. I want to go to Hogwarts, dang it.

4. Sum up your current WiP in one sentence.
Children of the Gods #2 is full of new characters, new abilities, action sequences & fighting scenes, death, rekindled love, new love, new life, and twists around every corner that you won't see coming.

5. Are you a plot-driven writer or a character-driven writer?
I try to be both.

6. What is your biggest fear?
...not going to say. It's too scary ;)

7. When you walk into a book store, where do you go first?
YA new releases.

8. Cats or dogs?
Cats. 

9. You've just been placed in the Witness Protection Program. What's your alias?
Maybe I'd be a teacher. Mrs. Adler or something...teachers get summers off. I'm kind of jealous.

10. Would you rather live in outerspace or under the sea? Why?
Under the sea. Outerspace would be too lonely.

11. If you HAD to lose one of your senses, which one would you choose to live without?
I already have a terrible sense of smell. The nose goes.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the award. You're so lucky to be able to write in the car. I wish I could do that, but I get terribly carsick if I either read or write while a vehicle is moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for answering my questions! Glad I got to know more about you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to learn more about you! I'm a new follower from the campaign ... and your book cover is GORGEOUS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos to you for taking on so much while preparing for a book release! You go girl. :D Your cover is amazing, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was so much fun to read! I loved the Ellyse convo. Lol! That was hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this. I'm stopping by from the Platform Campaign. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! I'm in your group for Rachael's 4th campaign! Glad to meet you! ~Theresa Sneed, author of No Angel and its forthcoming prequel, From Heaven to Earth

    ReplyDelete