JESSICA THERRIEN

From Imagination To Publication

Friday, February 10, 2012

Campaign Game - What's On Your Nightstand?

Hi All! I know I normally have a live. laugh. love themed post on Friday's, but since it's campaign time, I'm going to break the pattern a bit.

Last campaign we played some fun get-to-know you games in the first week. This go-round I thought it would be fun to find out what books are on everyone's nightstand. I don't mean your to-be-read list (though those books may be what's on your nightstand) but more, the books you always have to have by you, just for inspiration, for reference, for the love of reading over and over...that kind of thing.

Here is exactly what's on my nightstand right now:

1. Love Poems by Pablo Neruda



2. Oppression by me 
(Haha...I know, I have my own freaking book on my nightstand. 
Kind of funny. I just got the final copy in the mail yesterday. Can you blame me?)



3. Blood Red Road by Moira Young



4. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater



5. No Greater Love by Mother Teresa



What's on your nightstand? 
Post the list of books on your blog and leave a link in the comments for people to stop by and check them out.

11 comments:

  1. I LOVED Shiver. Great voice and tension and everything. I can't wait to have Oppression on my night stand. I just finished The Dark and Hollow Places and am reading Crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now, the ones I have by me are Delirium, and The Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I admire the descriptions so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have multiple books on my nightstand. They include, Carrier of the Mark, Forest Born, Destiny's Fire, and The Goddess Test. Can't wait to read them.

    Opression's cover is AMAZING! Congrats. That will be on my nightstand very soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jessica, new follower here!

    I've had Shiver on my book shelf for a while but still haven't given it a go yet. At the moment I have The Daughter of Smoke and Bone and The Iron Daughter. Anything after those two lol, tend to change on a regular basis. I'm really bad at sticking to the order of my reading list!

    I have to say, the cover for Oppression is gorgeous and the summary is really intriguing, will be adding to my goodreads list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm reading Fifth Business by Robertson Davies for my book club, and Leviathan by Scott Westerfield for myself. I LOVE Pablo Neruda! I have a translated text, and even in English, his poetry is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome question! On my nightstand? Save the Cat by Blake Snyder, Hunger Games, and my next read - which right now is The Difference Between You and Me.

    I'm doing the campaign too. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have anything on my night stand right now. I've been reading a lot on my phone and iPad. Mostly just whatever I can find on the free book list. I also gave you an award on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unfortunately I don't even have a nightstand at the moment! We just moved in and I'm unpacking everything. LOL!

    I'm part of the Paranormal Romance group in the campaign. Looking forward to getting to know you and super congrats on your book! It must be insane having it in your hands. :D

    Keep Writing!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your book cover is lovely! Just saying. :)

    On my nightstand right now is The Wood Queen by Karen Mahoney!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for inspiring campaigners to share. Love this one. Just getting to it today, but only because I seem to be chasing my tail a lot lately.

    I know you are excited for 2/28 and Oppression officially coming out. Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete