JESSICA THERRIEN

From Imagination To Publication

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Writing World: My Super Awesome Rockstar Agent

I know I usually post about my writing world on Wednesdays, but yesterday was a busy one. Still, I have some big news I couldn't wait to announce. I have a super awesome rockstar agent!! WooOhooO!

Let me back up a bit...for those who don't know the story of how I got published, things went a little differently for me. I got a lucky break at a writers conference and happened to meet my publisher, ZOVA Books (who are SO great btw), in person while I was un-agented. They liked my pitch and ended up signing me a few weeks later. Having attained the contract on my own, I decided I didn't really need an agent.

As I've gotten further along in my Children of the Gods series, I've started thinking about the future. With a baby on the way, I really need all the help I can get. I had the pleasure of meeting Marisa A. Corvisiero in person at the Southern California Writers Conference. It's a rarity to meet an agent from New York that you really click with when you live in California. I imagine most authors query, get "the call," and sign without ever meeting their agent.

After meeting Marisa, I knew immediately I wanted to work with her. Not only is she easy to talk to and friendly, but she's got the charm...you know, that super rockstarness you can't fake. Oh, and did I mention she's a lawyer and a mother to twin boys?! She's basically superwoman (I don't think she ever sleeps).

Thanks Marisa (and the rest of the Corvisiero Literary Agency) for taking on my projects and having faith in my writing!

Marisa A. Corvisiero is the founder of the Corvisiero Literary Agency and our Senior Literary Agent. During the few years prior to starting her own agency, Marisa worked with the L. Perkins Agency, where she learned invaluable lessons and made a name for herself in the industry. She is also a Literary Consultant at Literary Powerhouse Consulting and Attorney. Marisa has over ten years of legal experience in New York City.

http://www.corvisieroagency.com/
  

10 comments:

  1. Wow. Congratulations, Jessica! :) I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwh! That is super nice, Jes. Thank you! We are very happy to have you on board. I'm looking forward to many wonderful projects together and rediculously successful and fun future! ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,

    I met Marisa at one of the SCWC's last year and I agree - she is a super nice person (and mom!)

    Congrats and all the best with babies and book-ies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, Marisa is a superstar. And I'm convinced she doesn't sleep...ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to you both! You and Marisa will make a most excellent team!!

    ReplyDelete