JESSICA THERRIEN

From Imagination To Publication

Monday, October 15, 2012

The Buzz: THAT BOOK

I'm so happy that YA books are getting better and better these days. Ever since Twilight (yes, I dare utter the word...hush you Twi-haters) I've been on the hunt for THAT BOOK...you know, the one that grabs you, that takes over your mind, the one you CAN'T put down. For a while after Twilight, THAT BOOK was hard to find. In fact, I spent so long looking for it that I eventually decided to write the dang thing myself (that's how my Children of the Gods series came about).

Then of course I found The Hunger Games *Woohoo* It satisfied my crazy YA book obsession for a while, but when it was over, I continued on my search for the next big thing. Thankfully, YA has exploded, and there are so many amazing stories out there. I'm just eating them all up. Now, I have to admit, I'm a VERY picky reader. Not any YA will do. In between THAT BOOKS I'll often try a few that don't grab me. I'll put them down and move on.

Most recently my THAT BOOKS have been Divergent and Blood Red Road, but it's been a while...FINALLY I have a new THAT BOOK... Shatter Me *imagine beams of light shining down on its awesomeness* What a heavenly discovery :)

Of course I haven't finished it yet. If you know me, you already know I'm going to take my time with this one. I'm going to milk it for every ounce of goodness there is. The thing about these AMAZING books that I can't put down, is that they inspire me to write. So, when I run out of awesome, I feel all writers-blockish. Until I find the next THAT BOOK, it's important for me to ration the words. They're like little bits of inspiration each day to keep me going.

Also, Shatter Me has two covers (both equally awesome) here they are...now go read it.



What's your THAT BOOK these days...and just for the heck of it, which cover do you like better? I like the eye one. It's kind of amazing.

7 comments:

  1. I haven't read Shatter Me yet! Shame on me, I know! I'm probably getting myself a copy this christmas vacation though. I'd go for the new cover with the eye :)

    - Ellie @ The Selkie Reads Stories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. By the way, I love the name Ellie. It's my main character's name ;)

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed Shatter Me, though I kind of really don't like the first cover (the girl in the white dress has nothing to do with anything! Yeah, yeah, I know I shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but still...). The eye cover is amazing. It was a great read and I can't wait for the next one--the ending totally was tantalizing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree the second cover kind of blows the first out of the water. Maybe now it will get the attention it deserves. Not sure where they got the white dress thing from...

      Delete
  3. Think I'm in between THAT books right now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I hate that...good luck finding the next one!

      Delete
  4. I've already read this book and its freakin' amazing! This was definitely one of THOSE BOOKS for me :) I LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete