JESSICA THERRIEN

From Imagination To Publication

Monday, August 1, 2016

Binge Blogging

Well I'm back. I've come to the conclusion that I'm a binge blogger. I blog-vomit everywhere then forget I have one...I need some kind of blogger therapy, lol.

In my defense, I have been busy. Ready? Life update.

First and foremost--Babies.

Here are my two little guys in all their cuteness! They're time hogs, but come on, who could be mad about that?

Second--Writing.

My current WIP is at 56,000 words with a goal of about 70,000. It's an adult novel about a young white teenager who moves from the country to LA and gets wrapped up in a world of gangs, guns, and drugs. It draws off of my own life experience and has been a difficult, yet new and interesting, book to write.


I have no clue when it will be done or published, but that's the beauty of publishing my novels through Acorn Publishing. I get to work on my own timeline without feeling the pressure of a deadline. As a super control freak, it feels good to have control of all aspects of my publishing experience.


Speaking of that. The third thing keeping me busy is our growing company, Acorn Publishing. We just launched our new website:

www.acornpublishingLLC.com

Check it out to see what sets us apart from other publishing companies. I'm an author. I've been traditionally published. This is the best of both worlds. If you have a WIP, check us out :)

I'm so proud of how far we've come and all the beautiful covers we get to flaunt under our Acorn Publishing imprint. Aren't they pretty?!






1 comment:

  1. Cute kids!
    Acorn site looks good. My publisher started an imprint that is similar, but there is no fee.

    ReplyDelete