JESSICA THERRIEN

From Imagination To Publication

Monday, December 3, 2012

The Buzz: Strength by Carrie Butler

I probably should wait to post about this book until I'm actually done reading it, but I can't help myself. I'm more than halfway through it, and completely hooked. It's my new accessory. Seriously, I carry the ARC of Strength everywhere. It's one of those read through dinner kind of books, and yes, my husband is making fun of the attachment I've formed. Sadly for you, the book doesn't come out until March 7, 2013, BUT...you should definitely add it to your GoodReads TBR list. Trust me, if you're a Twilight fan (and I mean that in the best way possible, because despite the movies, I still remember devouring and loving those books...so don't judge) you'll LOVE this. Especially because technically this book falls into the New Adult genre, so it's a little more graphic in terms of the "I want to make out with you but can't" dilemma, which is nice. Okay, enough already, you're just going to have to read it for yourself...in March that is... Can't wait! 

When college student Rena Collins finds herself nose-to-chest with the campus outcast, her rumor-laced notions are shattered. Handsome, considerate, and seemingly sane, Wallace Blake doesn’t look like he spends his nights alone, screaming and banging on the walls of his dorm room. Hell, he doesn’t look like he spends his nights alone, period.

Too curious for her own good, Rena vows to uncover the truth behind Wallace’s madman reputation--and how two seconds of contact had left her with bruises. Of course, there are a few setbacks along the way: guilt, admiration, feelings of the warm and fuzzy variety…

Not to mention the unwanted attention of Wallace's powerful, supernaturally-gifted family.

They’re a bloodline divided by opposing ideals, two soon-to-be warring factions that live in secret among us. When Rena ends up caught in their crossfire, Wallace has no choice but to save her by using his powers. Now they’re really in trouble. With war on the horizon and Rena’s life in the balance, he needs to put some distance between them. But Rena won’t let go. If fighting is what it takes to prove her own strength and keep Wallace in her life, then that’s what she’ll do--even if it means risking a whole lot more than her heart.


Are you reading any awesome ARCs right now? What are you excited about in the YA world of reading? ...oh, did you say Uprising (Children of the Gods #2) by Jessica Therrien? Weird! Me too!! Maybe you should go add that to your GoodReads TBR list while you're at it *wink wink*

10 comments:

  1. Wow. Can I just say how grateful I am that none of you can see me? I busted out a little happy dance in the middle. LOL

    Thank you so much, Jessica! You have no idea how excited I am to hear that you're enjoying Strength. In fact, it makes me excited to get back to work on Book 2! You've made my week. :)

    P.S. I'm excited for Uprising by Jessica Therrien, too! What a coincidence...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I got you pumped for book 2!! I'll do a full review when I'm finished :) Thanks for sending me the ARC!

      Delete
  2. Yes, it is quite excellent! One of the best books I've ever read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looove Carrie's cover! Can I just stare at it a little longer???

    I'm reading "What happened to goodbye," by Sarah Dessen. She's my new fave author :)

    I don't think I've visited your blog before, but I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I love it, too :) I'll have to check out Sarah Dessen. I haven't read any of her books. Thanks for visiting!!

      Delete
  4. Agree, agree, agree! When I was critting for her, I shut the kids out of my room so I could read--and that was before revisions. hahaha It is soooo good. I can't wait for March! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do accept as true with all of the concepts you have presented to your post.
    They are really convincing and will definitely work.
    Nonetheless, the posts are too short for newbies. Could you please
    extend them a bit from next time? Thanks for the post.


    Also visit my blog; pcostrava.cz

    ReplyDelete